Ship-It is a multi-modal container terminal
within the Port of Antwerp that offers a wide range of services including :
- Stevedoring of containers and conventional cargo
- Container stuffing and stripping services (CFS)
- Storage services
Ship-It is uniquely located within the locks on the Left Bank of the River Scheldt, in the immediate proximity of Antwerp’s 2 major container hubs at the Deurganckdock. It directly links into the road and rail infrastructure currently serving the Deurganckdock. Ship-It presents a competitive trimodal service offering waterways, rail and road.
Ship-It’s infrastructure & equipment comprises of :
- Quaywall to a depth of -6m, allowing the handling of barges up to medium coasters
- 48,000m² of closed sheds and double 600m rail tracks
- Mobile cranes, reachstackers, forklifts…
|Rent-A-Port has invested in the Ship-It
project in tandem with a Belgian infrastructure fund.
Through this investment Rent-A-Port actively seeks to promote the transshipment of marine containers to inland waterway transport, hereby alleviating road congestion.